It is regular in our breakfast or tea time snack, even the kids love it. The best part is, it is low calorie dish.
- 0.5 cup Sooji (Rava)
- 4 pieces Bread slices
- 3 tbsp Cream (for all those calorie conscious replace Cream/Malai with plain Yogurt)
- 0.5 piece Onion finely chopped
- 0.5 piece Tomato finely chopped
- 0.5 piece Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sweetcorn Kernel boiled
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 piece green chilli finely chopped
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp Oil (or butter/ghee as required)
Mix all the ingredients except bread and oil in a mixing bowl. Use water to make a thick batter
Heat a tava or frying pan. On a hot tava or griddle, add ½ tsp oil for each bread. so if toasting two breads, you can add 1 to 1.5 tsp oil.
On the bread slices, spread the rava mixture evenly with a spoon.
Put the batter applied side to the tawa.
Cook in low or medium flame until golden crust is formed. Flip and toast until crisp.
Continue making the rava toasts this way.
Slice the toast into triangular (or any desired shape)pieces.
Serve them hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
For kids, skip the green chili and just add a pinch of black pepper powder. Also you can add any veggies as per your liking