Pasta in White Sauce
Macaroni – 1 Cup
White button mushrooms – 1.5 Cups (chopped)
Corn kernels – ½ Cup
Capsicum/ bell pepper, any color(red, green or yellow)- 1 medium
Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic – 4-5 (finely chopped)
Whole full fat milk – 2 Cups
All purpose flour/maida – 2.5 tbsp
Dry Oregano – ½ tsp
Butter – 2 to 3 tbsp
Cheddar or regular cheese – 2 to 3 tbsp (grated)
Salt and Black Pepper as needed
- Heat enough water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and boil them till they are completely cooked.
- Strain the pasta and rinse with cold water.Drain it out and keep aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic and saute till the onions are softened.
- Then add the mushrooms. stir and saute the mushrooms till the mushrooms are lightly browned from the sides.
- Keep on stirring in breaks while sauteing the mushrooms.Then add the chopped capsicum/bell pepper as well as the corn kernels and saute it for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the flour and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour milk in a gentle stream to the pan and keep on stirring. The flour will combine with the milk and the sauce will get thickened slowly. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. When the sauce starts to thicken and reaches to the desired consistency, add the pasta.
- Stir well so that the sauce coats the pasta. Switch off the flame.
- If the sauce becomes too thick or lumpy, add some hot water or milk and thin the sauce.
- Lastly add some grated cheese