We all know that oats are a very healthy food option for us. But how many of us actually want to eat it. I like my daughter to eat healthy but when it comes of oats it is a strict no no from her. Then I realized that I myself is not so fond of eating it so how can I expect her to eat it. Since then I was looking for a good oats recipe. A few days back one of my friend who came for a visit made it and it was so yummy that even my daughter ate it without showing any tantrum. Let me share the recipe with you
Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Beans etc) – ¾ Cup
Onion – 1 medium size (finely chopped)
Tomatoes – 2 medium size (finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste – ½ to ¾ tsp
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (you can also use Pav Bhaji masala or Sambhar masala)
Green Chilies – 1
Turmeric – A pinch (for color)
Salt – As needed
Oil – As needed
Water – 1 Cup (adjustable depending upon the consistency you want)
Coriander leaves – As needed
- Dry roast oats until they change color to golden. Set them aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin and allow to crackle.
- Add ginger garlic until the raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and fry until they turn slightly golden or pink.
- Add and saute veggies for 2 to 3 mins. Add tomatoes, sprinkle salt and turmeric.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn completely mushy. You will see oil being released at the sides.
- Add garam masala( or any masala you like)
- Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until it smells good.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add oats and stir well.
- Cover and cook. If needed add more or less water to adjust the consistency.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.