Fruit custard always gives me nostalgia, as it was my favorite as a kid. I used to really bogged down my mom every other day to make it. And it was so yummy (Ma ke hath ke khane ki baat hi kuch aaur hoti hai) that I always finished it in one go. Even fruits like Apples or Bananas which I generally don’t like I ate those without any fuss.
Mix Fruits – Grapes,Apples,Bananas,Mango (You can use any fruit you like as I make according to my daughter’s taste)
Dry fruits – Rasins, Almonds (Optional)
Gems – 1 packet (Optional)
Cream – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 Cup
Vanilla custard – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1 litre (Full Cream is preferred)
- Take milk in any heavy bottom vessel and place it on flame. Keep the remaining 3/4 cup cold milk for later use. Add custard powder in cold milk and with a whisk stir very well until all the lumps dissolve.
- After 4-5 minutes, when milk starts simmering, add custard batter steadily. Keep stirring the milk with help of a spoon. Add entire custard batter and mix nicely. Add the sugar as well. Keep on stirring often while the custard is cooking, so that lumps are not formed. Let it cook for 7-8 minutes until it gets thick in consistency.
- Stir the cream and then churn till soft peaks are formed.
- Peel all fruits except grapes and chop them in small pieces. Remove the stalk of grapes.
- Also remove stalk from rasins and chop almonds into small pieces.
- After custard gets cooled, add chopped fruits, dry fruits and cream into it. Mix all ingredients and keep it in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Served chilled and garnish with gems for added color.