There are days when potatoes are a life saver. When nothing else seems to work then it is like ‘Aaloo bana lete hai’ and miraculously snacks like French fries or Honey Chilli Potato always seems to work especially with kids.
Potatoes – 4-5 medium size
Oregano – As per your taste
Sea salt or Regular salt – As needed
Oil – As needed (for deep frying)
- Peel and rinse the potatoes. Cut each potato lengthwise into 4 or 5 pieces, then cut each piece into sticks.The thinner these are, the crispier they will be.
- Rinse them in water a couple of times.
- Place the fries in a large bowl. Cover with cold water, then allow them to soak 2 or 3 hours.
The potatoes should be totally immersed in the cold water.
- When ready to make the fries drain and wipe dry the potatoes.
- In a pan heat oil and start frying the potatoes till they are cooked and soft.
- Remove them and drain them on a paper towel.
- Then again heat the oil till you can see small bubbles on the side.
- Fry the potatoes till they become golden and crisp.
- Drain on fresh paper towels again.
- Sprinkle the fries with salt and oregano and enjoy it with the ketchup or mayo.